Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Wednesday, Sept 18th, Fes, Morocco

Greetings!

Attacked by serious chest cold and headache on Monday night, which has responded to Pat's pills by becoming a difficult cough, I'm surviving.  Fortunately, today was a long bus ride from Rabat to Fes, and I slept most of the time.  After a great lunch at the Riad Dar Dmana (guest house) just inside the Medina (old city), the others headed out for a specialized steam bath (Hamman or The Hamman).  In my condition, I'll pass.  Actually, in any condition, I would probably pass.  But this gives me an excuse to get an early start on the blog, and relax before dinner.

This is King Mohammed VI, displayed in a coffee shop along the way.  Zak calls them "happy places" as they let those of us with frequent urinary needs on long drives stay very happy.

Across the street from the happy place was a large clean daily market where we marveled at the huge variety of food, and the truly greater amount of family love and dedication.

Just heard the call to prayers...

To see all of the photos taken today, Click on:
Wednesday, Sept 18th, Fes, Morocco.

No comments: