Thursday, February 27, 2020

Thursday, Feb 27th, Alleppy, India

Greetings!

Hooray for the Indian medical system.  For 600 rupees (eight and a half dollars), i got in immediately to have a doctor examine my foot, a nurse clean and treat it, and have their pharmacy provide me with four sets of six days worth of three time/day antibiotic and anti-fungal medicines.  I felt very well provided for, and we're much relieved by their positive view of my future.  I'm really glad Pat pushed for the early medical checkup.  My impression of the doctor's view of the performance of the drugs we were using, she clearly said that they weren't going to help with what I have.

Bijou is also the hero for finding the rural hospital (Saint Joseph's)), and for still getting us to the Lakes and Lagoon Luxury Houseboat Company dock in time for our day-long relaxation on our own sixty-foot luxury houseboat down the canals of this backwater treasure in style. 

Finally, to brighten up my day (and my heart), just after arriving at our beachside hotel (Raheem Residency), I limped across the sandy beach in front of the hotel to find three or four hundred people (mostly families) down by the water's edge and shorebreak watching the sunset, and enjoying each other.

There's a joy in this surf-loving (my kind of spiritual) experience that is enriched by seeing the residents of this culture appreciate my church.

To see the rest of the photos taken on a leisurely day, click on Thursday, Feb 27th, Alleppy, India.

No comments: