Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday, Nov 6th, Albuquerque, New Mexico









Greetings!

I'm amazed at how many trucks are tooling down our highways. I know that Warren Buffet is trying to get their cargo into his CSX train, but he must not be making much of a dent. They're everywhere. And I want to thank each and every one of their drivers for the courtesy and good driving habits we've encountered. With winds as high as 50 miles and hour, and construction narrowing the roadway, and signs as confusing as possible, driving with them provides a very safe environment. I'd love to find out what their hauling, because this slice of America has more of my respect than ever.

We made it to Albuquerque at about 3:00 pm. With a time zone change and daylight savings time, we gained two hours. After setting up for a two-day stay, we unhooked the car and headed straight for the Petroglyph National Monument. Open in 1990, we've not been there, and we wanted to see as much as possible before the park closed at 5pm.

We weren't disappointed, and I'm having a hard time cutting out photos from the set I'll put up on Picasa. I am having trouble uploading them to the web, however, so you'll have to make due with whichever ones I try to place into this post.

Here is a link to the photos we took: Petroglyph National Monument

Gregory

No comments: