Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday, Feb 4th, San Francisco Airport


We should have been on our flight to Amsterdam by now. But a storm over Europe kept our plane from leaving Amsterdam, and thus carrying us back on the return flight. Our choices were either to take the same flight tomorrow, or get re-booked into a flight on a different carrier today. We chose the latter, and are now waiting for an overnight United flight at 5:08pm tonight, arriving tomorrow morning in London. We then have six and a half hours to wait there for a 5:10 British Airways flight to Cairo, arriving just before midnight.

We've emailed our tour to coordinate pickups, gotten some lunch, and are now trying to relax in seats at Gate 94. It's going to be a long flight, with hopefully a quiet plane and seatback movies to help if we can't get some sleep.

And no storms in Britain, please.


No comments: